Sunday, January 17, 2016

Inspiration, then creation





Every time I walked past this room I was so interested in the sunlight and shadows created by the blinds.  Just looking at the photo doesn't convey that much interest or the feeling of warmth, but I really wanted to paint it.  So after considering how to paint it I tried two different techniques.  The first painting I did using tape batik, the second I painted on gesso applied to watercolor paper.  I wanted you to see this as so often I hear people lament that they don't travel, can't find anything to paint.  Truly ordinary objects, items that are around us all of the time can create beautiful paintings.

2 comments:

  1. The first painting is very striking. Both are quite beautiful, but you do a particularly wonderful job of capturing the light in the first painting. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The first painting depicted is actually the second time I painted it.

    ReplyDelete