Monday, October 26, 2015

Not A Painting, but still a work of art






This past year I have had knee replacement surgery, foot surgery, and stress fractures which have  left me unable to climb stairs or stand for any length of time.  Since I need to deal with a flight of stairs to get into my studio, and I stand to paint, I have not been able to produce any paintings.  So in my need to create I went back to my love of sewing and quilting.  This type of work makes sure to keep me seated, good for my bones, and keeps my creativity flowing, good for my mind!!!! These are the four quilts I have completed.  I did hand quilt them all.  I have one more to finish. 

What's the saying,  When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!??  Or in my case when it rains, it pours, so I need a bigger umbrella!!

No comments:

Post a Comment