Wednesday, February 5, 2014
These two paintings were actually part of one big painting. I was not happy with the composition, so I cut the painting into two smaller pieces and worked on them separately. These originally began from throwing fluid acrylic paint onto watercolor paper. After completing the drawing over the acrylic paint, I applied miskit before painting in the picture.
Once I painted the picture with watercolor, I removed the miskit. This is what the paintings looked like at that stage. I then added more paint, cropped the pictures and here is the result.
I am really happy with the result. Notice the blossoms in the bottom of the last painting - blossoms in watercolor add a great element to a painting in the right spot.